Wellness Centers Wellness programs are designed to promote health and general wellness. Some centers are open for everyone, from people who just want relax to recovering addicts who want to heal, and some are specifically designed for formerly addicted individuals.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:24 AM

sino is on a distinguished road
Default Medical Marijuana Card and Future Jobs?

I plan to get my MBA after undergrad and work my way to a high cooperate position when I finish school. I live in California where we play these medical card games (when it should just be legal already, it is much less harmful then alcohol and tobacco). ANYWAYS... Morality, politics, biases, religion, and health issues aside, looking from a purely legal aspect...

Will an employer be able to find out that I have a Medical Marijuana Card (or be able to access this information) and if so would they be able to discriminate against me because of my "Medical Condition".
Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 AM

gris is on a distinguished road

An employer has not legal authority to 'discover' any medical information regarding an employee unless the employee has requested a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition.

An employer who discriminates, in any way, against an employee who has a medical condition can be held liable for damages.

You are under no obligation to disclose that you have a medical marijuana card or your medical condition unless, of course, you request that your employer accommodate your medical condition.

Good luck.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

My biggest concern with medical records becoming computerized is that employers, creditors, or anyone else will get access to records they have no business with. Then the burden of proof becomes yours as to this being the reason you lost your job. Case in point, it is no one else's business where I live unless I choose to tell them but anyone can do a people search on the computer and find me. How long before my medical records are included in the available information.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:21 PM

Luc151 is on a distinguished road

I don't think it will be a big problem until you work you way high into the corporation. When you start earning the big bucks things become delicate whenever there is a media or news issue. Then all of a sudden somebody finds out about the card and they make a big fuss over it.

But again, that could be many years down the road and who knows..it may be legal then not only in California but across the country as well!