Wellness Centers Wellness programs are designed to promote health and general wellness. Some centers are open for everyone, from people who just want relax to recovering addicts who want to heal, and some are specifically designed for formerly addicted individuals.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 AM

fantasy is on a distinguished road
Default Overdosing on Vitamins Question?

So I'm planing on taking this multivitamin.

GNC: Vitamins, Supplements, Minerals, Herbs, Sports Nutrition, Diet & Energy and more...

And it contains 100% of the Vitamin D needed in one day.
The problem is i drink a lot of milk throughout the day and maybe some other dairy products. I'm pretty scared on overdosing on Vitamin D because it is proven it can lead to death.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Julia is on a distinguished road

This doesn't relate to Vit D, but I personally know two babies from two different families in two different decades that wouldn't eat any solid food but carrots and their skin turned orange. That's an OD of something.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM

beenthere is on a distinguished road

I have read on the internet that certain vitamins can be over done. I should make a list because I take a lot of vitamins besides a one a day. In fact I think I will do that lol. Can never be safe enough.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy View Post
So I'm planing on taking this multivitamin.

GNC: Vitamins, Supplements, Minerals, Herbs, Sports Nutrition, Diet & Energy and more...

And it contains 100% of the Vitamin D needed in one day.
The problem is i drink a lot of milk throughout the day and maybe some other dairy products. I'm pretty scared on overdosing on Vitamin D because it is proven it can lead to death.
I would speak to your doctor about your concerns. He should be aware of any supplements you are taking anyway, especially if you are on other medications.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:46 AM

Cascadia is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't be concerned. If you just take the vitamin once daily, you should be just fine. Most people eat dairy products and get a fair amount of sun, so you're not particularly unusual, and I'm sure a company like GNC wouldn't produce vitamins that would make Joe Average keel over.

If you are really concerned, you should take Lorraine's advice and see a doctor.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:51 PM

thing1 is on a distinguished road

This reminds of the time I took a bunch of vitamins at once. I was probably 15 or 16 and I thought it would be funny to do. Man, the headache I ended up with was awful. I never did that again.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 PM

Luc151 is on a distinguished road

It is fairly easy to find a multi-vitamin that doesn't have any vitamin D in it. I would suggest looking around at a few vitamin shops online. You could even ask the customer service area for some recommendations on specials.

Even so, I doubt you could run into any real trouble unless you are drinking a gallon of milk a day. If your drinking that much milk, you have other issues.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 AM

zen is on a distinguished road

from what i know, if you are drinking milk, your body doesn't absorb too much of the vit. d in it. your body has more trouble absorbing vitamins from food when you grow older. that's why supplements get more and more important as you grow older.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:50 AM

AmitaLaSalle is on a distinguished road

From what I know, if you drink milk, you should also take Vit. D. That will help your body absorb more calcium from the milk.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:29 PM

LiaAtha is on a distinguished road

Vit. D toxicity occurs when you imbibe too much Vit. D, usually when you take prescription Vit. D or rodenticides. in effect you need to have 15 times the normal Vit. D levels in your body to have toxic levels.