Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide

Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide (https://community.thegooddrugsguide.com/)
-   Wellness Centers (https://community.thegooddrugsguide.com/wellness-centers/)
-   -   Overdosing on Vitamins Question? (https://community.thegooddrugsguide.com/wellness-centers/455-overdosing-vitamins-question.html)

fantasy 06-30-2009 04:41 AM

Overdosing on Vitamins Question?

So I'm planing on taking this multivitamin.

GNC: Vitamins, Supplements, Minerals, Herbs, Sports Nutrition, Diet & Energy and more...

And it contains 100% of the Vitamin D needed in one day.
The problem is i drink a lot of milk throughout the day and maybe some other dairy products. I'm pretty scared on overdosing on Vitamin D because it is proven it can lead to death.

Julia 07-27-2009 04:53 PM

This doesn't relate to Vit D, but I personally know two babies from two different families in two different decades that wouldn't eat any solid food but carrots and their skin turned orange. That's an OD of something.

beenthere 07-28-2009 09:56 PM

I have read on the internet that certain vitamins can be over done. I should make a list because I take a lot of vitamins besides a one a day. In fact I think I will do that lol. Can never be safe enough.

Lorraine 07-30-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasy (Post 2992)
So I'm planing on taking this multivitamin.

GNC: Vitamins, Supplements, Minerals, Herbs, Sports Nutrition, Diet & Energy and more...

And it contains 100% of the Vitamin D needed in one day.
The problem is i drink a lot of milk throughout the day and maybe some other dairy products. I'm pretty scared on overdosing on Vitamin D because it is proven it can lead to death.

I would speak to your doctor about your concerns. He should be aware of any supplements you are taking anyway, especially if you are on other medications.

Cascadia 08-03-2009 01:46 AM

I wouldn't be concerned. If you just take the vitamin once daily, you should be just fine. Most people eat dairy products and get a fair amount of sun, so you're not particularly unusual, and I'm sure a company like GNC wouldn't produce vitamins that would make Joe Average keel over. ;)

If you are really concerned, you should take Lorraine's advice and see a doctor.

thing1 08-04-2009 04:51 PM

This reminds of the time I took a bunch of vitamins at once. I was probably 15 or 16 and I thought it would be funny to do. Man, the headache I ended up with was awful. I never did that again.

Luc151 08-04-2009 05:15 PM

It is fairly easy to find a multi-vitamin that doesn't have any vitamin D in it. I would suggest looking around at a few vitamin shops online. You could even ask the customer service area for some recommendations on specials.

Even so, I doubt you could run into any real trouble unless you are drinking a gallon of milk a day. If your drinking that much milk, you have other issues.

zen 08-06-2009 07:05 AM

from what i know, if you are drinking milk, your body doesn't absorb too much of the vit. d in it. your body has more trouble absorbing vitamins from food when you grow older. that's why supplements get more and more important as you grow older.

AmitaLaSalle 08-08-2009 11:50 AM

From what I know, if you drink milk, you should also take Vit. D. That will help your body absorb more calcium from the milk.

LiaAtha 08-08-2009 12:29 PM

Vit. D toxicity occurs when you imbibe too much Vit. D, usually when you take prescription Vit. D or rodenticides. in effect you need to have 15 times the normal Vit. D levels in your body to have toxic levels.