Wellness Centers Wellness programs are designed to promote health and general wellness. Some centers are open for everyone, from people who just want relax to recovering addicts who want to heal, and some are specifically designed for formerly addicted individuals.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM

Amberc28 is on a distinguished road
Default What are Wellness center?

How would a wellness center differ from a gym or health club? Do they offer more knowledge based activites?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:53 PM

redsky99 is on a distinguished road

I think they a step in between a depresion center, or detox center. They are like a milder version of these centers but still designed to instill positive habits and thought processes for people.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:32 AM

sybil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberc28 View Post
How would a wellness center differ from a gym or health club? Do they offer more knowledge based activites?
wellness center offers to the community the access of modern equipment for fitness and exercise just like other gym but in addition to this center have a home physician prescribed therapy and medical programs to assist people in their problems in various areas..unlike gyms where you can only go there and exercise..
Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 PM

JackTJ is on a distinguished road

Sounds like they are the next step up from a gym, often when I go to a gym I feel like I have no clue what I am doing, I should look into a wellness center.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:45 PM

KorbinD1 is on a distinguished road

Jack, I think you could really learn alot from this site and also by looking around on the internet in general if you wanted to learn more about working out. I think its great that a wellness center incorporates fitness into their routines.

Have you made any progress in that area since I see that you made that post in June? I have learn so much, a good part of that came just from reading all the information on this site.