Wellness Centers Wellness programs are designed to promote health and general wellness. Some centers are open for everyone, from people who just want relax to recovering addicts who want to heal, and some are specifically designed for formerly addicted individuals.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 PM

Wilhelmina is on a distinguished road
Default Talk Therapy

A survey by Consumer Reports Health found that talk therapy works just as well as antidepressants, and that those who take both saw even better results.

The survey, which was conducted in 2009, gathered data from more than 1,500 respondents who had sought professional help for anxiety, depression, or another mental health problem between the January 2006-April 2009 period. The respondents reported the treatments they sought and how effective they were, as well as the specific types of drugs they took, the side effects of these drugs, and the types of therapists they went to.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:00 PM

Jocelyn is on a distinguished road

Well, people should really consider this option, considering the numbers. According to Consumer Reports, 14% of Americans suffer from severe depression, and sales of antidepressants have actually soared to $10billion in the latest year. Imagine that!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:25 AM

semantics is on a distinguished road

Indeed. What's more, while medication can help people deal with depression and anxiety, the good effects or the improvement brought by drugs actually level off over time. That is why it can really be seen that patients who have stuck with talk therapy for a minimum of 7 sessions saw the best results. Those who went to only six sessions or less didn't fare as well as those who went through 7 sessions.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM

DocMon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelmina View Post
A survey by Consumer Reports Health found that talk therapy works just as well as antidepressants, and that those who take both saw even better results.

The survey, which was conducted in 2009, gathered data from more than 1,500 respondents who had sought professional help for anxiety, depression, or another mental health problem between the January 2006-April 2009 period. The respondents reported the treatments they sought and how effective they were, as well as the specific types of drugs they took, the side effects of these drugs, and the types of therapists they went to.
Hmmmn, if this were found to be reliable, then it could boost the use of psychoanalysis in drug addiction management. I think that talking about it really does help. A lot turn to drugs because of the stress and pressures they face in life and talking about it could really help you.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:31 PM

DocMon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn View Post
Well, people should really consider this option, considering the numbers. According to Consumer Reports, 14% of Americans suffer from severe depression, and sales of antidepressants have actually soared to $10billion in the latest year. Imagine that!
Actually, 14% is really a low number, if you ask me. A lot more suffer from severe depression, but it's either they think that they are just lonely or they don't seek help for it. Some try to self-medicate.

Antidepressants should be more strictly regulated in my opinion.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 AM

markedman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semantics View Post
Indeed. What's more, while medication can help people deal with depression and anxiety, the good effects or the improvement brought by drugs actually level off over time. That is why it can really be seen that patients who have stuck with talk therapy for a minimum of 7 sessions saw the best results. Those who went to only six sessions or less didn't fare as well as those who went through 7 sessions.
I agree with DocMon, this sounds like being on the couch. And I think it is only beneficial after 7 sessions, because by then they have unloaded what they have in mind and have seen some ways to deal with their depression or addiction.

What I like about talk therapy is that it's inexpensive and it does not have no potential for addiction or side effects
Old 08-05-2010, 07:39 PM

tequila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMon View Post
Hmmmn, if this were found to be reliable, then it could boost the use of psychoanalysis in drug addiction management. I think that talking about it really does help. A lot turn to drugs because of the stress and pressures they face in life and talking about it could really help you.
I agree. Merely talking about your problems can help you deal with it and all that. Psychoanalysis might have its flaws, but we've all been on the couch thinking how effective it is
Old 12-03-2010, 02:56 AM

evil0ne is on a distinguished road

Anyone in here already had a glimp on Everquest? Can you please help me find a good Everquest Gear.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 AM

nicoleesparza is on a distinguished road

I think talk therapy is better because at least you get to vent & also receive advice & feedback on how to improve your life.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 AM

Greegs70 is on a distinguished road
Default Talking is a great help

Your partially right up there, that talking to the right person, and having companion releases some stress and depression. When my aunt get married to a person who are loner, soft spoken and shy one. She cannot understand what should be the likes and dislike of her husband, as the days go on. My aunt is a talkative kind of person.

She is the one to open up some discussion and she want/make away that his husband could make some participation. Until she could not imagine his spouse now is can open up something on her now.