Wellness Centers Wellness programs are designed to promote health and general wellness. Some centers are open for everyone, from people who just want relax to recovering addicts who want to heal, and some are specifically designed for formerly addicted individuals.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 AM

lemon is on a distinguished road
Default Good news? Drug use in Indiana drops among the youth.

In Indiana, the annual Survey of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Use by Indiana Children and Adolescents found that drug use continues to decline. Having questioned more than 182,000 students in 557 schools, the researchers found that only marijuana use has increased .
Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 PM

friedchicken is on a distinguished road

That's bad, because marijuana use can affect your ability to learn.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:44 PM

markedman is on a distinguished road

Hmmmn... if I ask you if you use drugs, would you admit it?

It's as simple as that.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM
cafeamelie

What's distressing is that the study found that children in grades 7 through 12 were already using heroin!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:49 AM

tequila is on a distinguished road

Whoa... there are a lot more to this study than meets the eye!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 PM

napalm is on a distinguished road

I think this study is very instructive in a lot of ways. For one, it shows that drug use may be on the decline for Indiana youth, but that does not give you a reason to celebrate as there are others who are into marijuana and heroin.

I think it is time to get more focused on these two. Most kids today think that it's ok to smoke pot because it is harmless... It's time for us to show kids that marijuana use could go on to abuse and could open the doors for them to get into more serious substance abuse!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:19 PM

DocMon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm View Post
I think this study is very instructive in a lot of ways. For one, it shows that drug use may be on the decline for Indiana youth, but that does not give you a reason to celebrate as there are others who are into marijuana and heroin.

I think it is time to get more focused on these two. Most kids today think that it's ok to smoke pot because it is harmless... It's time for us to show kids that marijuana use could go on to abuse and could open the doors for them to get into more serious substance abuse!
yup, I do agree that kids trying out marijuana now may find themselves abusing more dangerous drugs.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:03 PM

kyle84 is on a distinguished road

Hello Lemon,

I must be thankful to you for sharing such a great piece of news. However, there is only a little good in the news that the use of marijuana has increased. While there are differences between the effects of marijuana and alcohol or tobacco use, it is shocking to hear about students' addiction to marijuana.