Valium One of the most frequently prescribed drugs in the world today is Valium or diazepam. Commonly used for treating anxiety, insomnia, seizures, muscle spasms, alcohol withdrawal and benzodiazepine withdrawal, it is also a commonly abused drug, with many individuals suffering from valium addiction.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:20 AM

chrystal520 is on a distinguished road
Default impossible to overdose?

I heard an age old rumor that its virtually impossible to overdose off of valium alone. How true is this??
Old 06-19-2009, 06:54 PM

KorbinD1 is on a distinguished road

I bet you could overdose if you took enough of it. I think most problems occur though when people combine valium with other drugs and the effects intermingle with each other, alot of times stopping the heart.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 PM

Luc151 is on a distinguished road

This is something I would really not want to test out! I think valium should only be given to patients that are in real need for it and there are no other alternatives.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:20 PM

neo is on a distinguished road

I would imagine that you can overdose on it but I may be wrong about that. It's not something I would like to find out personally either way but I would still always be cautious about any drug and dosages.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 PM

Zen4life is on a distinguished road

You can overdose on Valium - the patients are always cautioned against taking more than the prescribed dosage as the results can be fatal if it is not used properly. However, the amount that can cause an overdose entirely depends on your tolerance to this drug.