Tranquilizers Tranquilizers are used as an effective sedative. As the name suggests, a tranquilizer induces tranquility in a person. Sedatives can be abused to produce an overly-calming effect and can result in unconsciousness and even death.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:52 AM

mr.red is on a distinguished road
Default Do tranquilizers work on humans?

Always saw slapstick humor in cartoons/movies/ect...

Do tranquilizers really put you to sleep for a long period of time?

I know special K is like a tranquilizer crack concoction that retarded teenagers use to get high, but thats not what im after.

And where can i get a hold of some? my first guess is a vetinary office.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 AM

kamal is on a distinguished road

Err. In short, yes. The molecular mechanisms that most tranquilizer drugs use are conserved throughout the chordates, however, there's a certain amount of potency difference.

Tranquilizer drugs are frequently used on large animals, which obviously require stronger doses than humans. Ketamine, what you call special K is a rather odd compound that antagonizes NMDA receptors and agonizes opiate receptors. Another set of compounds commonly used are the barbiturates, though these find more use in euthanasia. In a large animal there's a bit of a wider therapeutic window - you're less likely to sedate the animal into respiratory collapse than you are to incapacitate it. When you deal with humans, the therapeutic window of the above compounds is such that you can easily dose them into

Tranquilizer is a bit of a vague term, and usually in the pharmacology realm we use it to refer to anxiety-relieving agents or sedatives. The conventional use of the term tends to encompass anesthetics too.

And all of them are controlled substances, possession without a prescription is a felony. Mostly because you can use them to kill people and many of them have a high abuse potential.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:24 AM

Chrissie is on a distinguished road

I only had some once when I went to a dentist because I was so anxious. He gave me several valium pills and I felt very relaxed and happy. It didn't actually knock me out but I didn't care what pain he subjected me to!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:02 PM

beenthere is on a distinguished road

I take Valium for anxiety problems. They don`t make me pass out because I am used to them. Why are you looking for something so strong? Have you asked your doctor about an anti anxiety medication?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:44 AM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

Valium, like any other controlled substance, is highly addictive and can only be obtained legally by a physician. There are several medications that a physician can prescribe for someone needing temporary help coping. The key word is temporary.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:57 PM

jevenjack is on a distinguished road

Calming is a little vague and general, the realm of pharmacology, used to refer to relieve anxiety or sedative agents. The traditional use of the term generally covers too much anesthetic.
________
Maine medical marajuana dispensaries

Last edited by jevenjack; 08-20-2011 at 02:45 AM.