Tranquilizers Tranquilizers are used as an effective sedative. As the name suggests, a tranquilizer induces tranquility in a person. Sedatives can be abused to produce an overly-calming effect and can result in unconsciousness and even death.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:23 PM

cherri is on a distinguished road
Default Where?

I see the news all the time that people are still on tranq's, but I would really like to now - how are they getting them? We had a local story run a while back (that sadly I can not find online right now), a man had broken into a vets office to steal some animal tranq's, so is this pretty common or are they also avalible on the streets?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 AM

Chrissie is on a distinguished road

I have also heard of people breaking into vets and stealing animal tranqulizers. What is wrong with their brains? Who, in their right mind would take something meant for an animal?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 PM

I think what confuses me the most is that those who use tranquillizers and are caught breaking into places are the only ones I hear about. Its not like growing up (and I have lived in many cities) I hear people on the streets dealing tranquillizers or anything like that. I guess I am trying to see where it all starts from, leading up to the breaking in, etc.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:16 PM

beenthere is on a distinguished road

A lot of teens get addicted to tranquilizers too. They get them from their parents. There are a lot of ways teens can buy them according to my son, but I don`t know how the original seller gets them. Maybe they are the ones stealing them from the vets office. My son and his friends talk about people they know and the different drugs they take but they don`t tell me where they get them. They just say oh you can get anything you want. Hopefully my son is not lying to me when he says he doesn`t take anything.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:56 PM

I know that line too "anywhere", which when I was growing up was the case for many things, but just not this one (I guess it was not as wide spread then). I am still curious though, what types of home med's (in the cabinet) would count for something like this?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:37 AM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

Many times doctors will prescribe Valium, or another tranquilizer, to a patient who may be having a difficult time coping with a life situation. Maybe the patient takes it once or twice and puts it in the medicine cabinet. Then the son/daughter/friend of child finds it in themedicine cabinet. They either try it for themselves or sell it and the cycle has begun.