Prozac One of the most recognizable antidepressants in the market, Prozac is one of the many brand names for Fluoxetine hydrochloride. Used to treat major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa, panic disorder and premenstrual dysphoric disorder, Prozac is the third most prescribed antidepressant in the United States.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 AM

alliecat is on a distinguished road
Default Questions About Prozac

Hello all, my name is Allie. I am a 20 year old female - I've been taking Prozac for nearly 3 years now.

I was prescribed 30mg Prozac daily for depression and OCD. It has simply done wonders for BOTH. My self-esteem has improved greatly as well as my OCD symptoms. I used to have frequent crying spells and hated myself and my life, as well as rumination about whether I was crazy, sick, etc.

I have always had very mild side effects, including occasional tremor (which I haven't had for a while now), restless leg syndrome in my legs and especially my wrists and arms, and a decreased libido.

I have been experiencing a lot of memory loss lately. I've been forgetting/losing my phone, keys, and wallet among other things. It has become bothersome to myself and my family (having to come rescue me or help me locate something I've lost). Is this a result of taking Prozac for an extended period of time? Can side effects change over time? Advice would be much appreciated.

Tags
effects, memory, prozac