Prozac One of the most recognizable antidepressants in the market, Prozac is one of the many brand names for Fluoxetine hydrochloride. Used to treat major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa, panic disorder and premenstrual dysphoric disorder, Prozac is the third most prescribed antidepressant in the United States.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Chrissie is on a distinguished road
Default Do you need a prescription?

Is Prozac only available on prescription or can it be purchased over the counter in regular chemists and drug stores? My friend has been taking it for a long time and I doubt that her doctor would have prescibed it for this length of time so I'm wondering where she us getting it.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Marie is on a distinguished road

There are many online pharmacies that sell prescription medicine without a prescription. It is legal ito do that in many countries. It tends to be alot cheaper that way.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:38 PM

elaine is on a distinguished road

Your friend could be getting a script from her Dr. for a long time. I know b/c I have been on Prozac for years to help with my moods. After reading the link to heart disease, I'm starting to re-think it.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:27 PM

Zen4life is on a distinguished road

Technically you need a prescription for Prozac; however, it is also available without prescription through online pharmacies. Which in my opinion is quite dangerous but apparently this practice is legal.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 AM

cherri is on a distinguished road

It might be cheaper but who in their right mind (no offense) would try something like this? Same thing as those "order online" gimmicks, how do you know what you are getting is really what you ordered? You should really note that some online pharmacies are legal, but those are the ones approved within the jurisdiction of where they reside and what they are selling, not all are legal - nor what they sell.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:58 PM

Jeffrey is on a distinguished road

I took it for years and didn't have any bad effects from it. I really wouldn't want to get it from someone other than a pharmacist. It could be diluted with something else and you never know what you get unless it is from a licensed pharmacist.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 PM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

I took Paxil for awhile to help with my mood swings. I wasn't on it very long. I hated being on medication to 'control' my behavior. I have a friend who started it when I did and she is still on it. That was some 20 years ago.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Soleranz

Prozac is medicine used to treat depressant. It comes in form of 10mg, 20mg, 40mg and 60mg capsules.. and the main thing is, it is easily available online pharmacies without any prescriptions..
Old 03-15-2011, 01:48 PM

minervayates is on a distinguished road

Even though you can get Prozac without prescription, it is safe to seek medical advice fist before taking anything inside your system. Take some precautions first or you might using it the wrong way.