Detox Centers One of the first steps in an addict's recovery is detoxifying themselves of all the junk that's been in their systems, typically at detoxification centers. If you're looking for info on the best detox centers, detox facilities, drug detoxification programs and detox clinics, check this forum out.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 AM

sybil is on a distinguished road
Default experience detox? anyone?

just curious if any member here experienced detoxification..either on drugs or for health and wellness sake..
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM

istamalchodho is on a distinguished road
Red face to Sybil,detox

hi Sybil,
have experienced drug detox countless times,pretty horrible to say the least
if u r not provided the appropriate medicines.There r some facilities which will
not provide u any medicines just so that u can feel the various pains,and, there r others that make it easy for u by providing buprenorphine and still others who try out a cocktail of drugs which r absolutely eneffective.In very brief thats it.

istamalchodo
thanks because this is first message i have posted,just regstered.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:29 PM

helper is on a distinguished road
Default helper

what are you taking
Old 06-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Driver is on a distinguished road
Default Detoxing from Benzodiazepines (Valium, Ativan, etc.)

Detoxing from these can be dangerous, something to do with your blood vessel integrity. If you've been using anything like Valium ("benzos") you have to let health professionals know, because you can't do it cold turkey. You could die.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:11 PM

JackTJ is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't try any self detox plans, I would make sure to see a doctor and get the correct help.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by istamalchodho View Post
hi Sybil,
have experienced drug detox countless times,pretty horrible to say the least
if u r not provided the appropriate medicines.There r some facilities which will
not provide u any medicines just so that u can feel the various pains,and, there r others that make it easy for u by providing buprenorphine and still others who try out a cocktail of drugs which r absolutely eneffective.In very brief thats it.

istamalchodo
thanks because this is first message i have posted,just regstered.
thanks for sharing your experiences here its a great help for us..actually i haven't experience detoxification yet ..just curious on what it really feels to detoxify..and the likes..
Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
Detoxing from these can be dangerous, something to do with your blood vessel integrity. If you've been using anything like Valium ("benzos") you have to let health professionals know, because you can't do it cold turkey. You could die.
i don't think Valium is a good idea either..
Old 06-30-2009, 04:54 AM

fantasy is on a distinguished road

If it is "easy" to quit then it will be easier to start back. The nastiness of withdrawal symptoms is the essence of BOTH relapse and sobriety. in other words, many relapse because of the discomfort but others (me included, hopefully) will remember what a b**ch it is to quit and have no desire to go through it again.[i]
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 AM

Blender is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybil View Post
just curious if any member here experienced detoxification..either on drugs or for health and wellness sake..
I think if you go further back into the earlier posts you would see some people sharing their experiences with detox
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 AM

Blender is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
And that is why detoxification should be under appropriate medical care with close supervision from your doctor.