Detox Centers One of the first steps in an addict's recovery is detoxifying themselves of all the junk that's been in their systems, typically at detoxification centers. If you're looking for info on the best detox centers, detox facilities, drug detoxification programs and detox clinics, check this forum out.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:10 PM

neo is on a distinguished road
Default Raw Foodism Centers

Has anyone heard of detox centers that focus on a raw food diet to get rid of the toxins in the body? I've read a fair bit about this in the past but I'm apprehensive about going straight to this kind of diet because I've heard the detox can be very nasty. However, these detox centers are supposedly very beneficial.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 PM

sybil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo View Post
Has anyone heard of detox centers that focus on a raw food diet to get rid of the toxins in the body? I've read a fair bit about this in the past but I'm apprehensive about going straight to this kind of diet because I've heard the detox can be very nasty. However, these detox centers are supposedly very beneficial.
well maybe...raw food you are referring to were vegetables and very healthy..no raw meats whatsoever..
Old 06-26-2009, 03:13 PM

JackTJ is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a very good idea, I spent a while eating whole foods along with exercising and I felt the best I ever have in my entire life.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Driver is on a distinguished road
Default "Toxins" in the body?

Lots of vitamins and herbal supplements talk about "flushing toxins from the body." They never specify what these are, whether they're mineral salts or bacteria or protozoa or fungal infections. I think it's a catch-all term that has no meaning. And if raw-food diets make a claim about cleaning "toxins" from the blood, that's a red flag for me. I don't doubt that eating more raw fruits and vegetables does little harm, but I don't buy the detox claims.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 PM

Zen4life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
Lots of vitamins and herbal supplements talk about "flushing toxins from the body." They never specify what these are, whether they're mineral salts or bacteria or protozoa or fungal infections. I think it's a catch-all term that has no meaning. And if raw-food diets make a claim about cleaning "toxins" from the blood, that's a red flag for me. I don't doubt that eating more raw fruits and vegetables does little harm, but I don't buy the detox claims.
Me neither - toxins are such a broad subject and as long as I am not thoroughly informed, it doesn't really convince me that this type of diet gets rid of them all. Although I know that fruits and vegetables are very beneficial to my overall health, I am still not quite sure about this particular diet.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:57 AM

Blender is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo View Post
I've heard of raw foodism, but I have never even imagined that it would be beneficial in DRUG DETOX. I think you are confusing CLEANSING the BODY with FLUSHING OUT SUBSTANCES from it. In fact, raw foodism is much more focused on AVOIDING putting toxic substances into your body, not eliminating it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybil View Post
well maybe...raw food you are referring to were vegetables and very healthy..no raw meats whatsoever..
Raw foodism also applies to meat.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTJ View Post
That sounds like a very good idea, I spent a while eating whole foods along with exercising and I felt the best I ever have in my entire life.
But JackTJ, can you explain how it helps in flushing out DRUGS from your body? And when you say whole foods, what do you mean?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
Science have never really proven that detox diets work. At least not from a DRUG DETOX point of view. And those toxins that get flushed out have not been identified. You're right.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 PM

DocMon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
Raw foodism also applies to meat.
Wouldn't you get sick from food poisoning and other bacteria doing so? I don't think getting diarrhea would count as detoxifying your body!

Tags
detox, raw food