Detox Centers One of the first steps in an addict's recovery is detoxifying themselves of all the junk that's been in their systems, typically at detoxification centers. If you're looking for info on the best detox centers, detox facilities, drug detoxification programs and detox clinics, check this forum out.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:38 PM

WantTope is on a distinguished road
Default finish detox before rehab!

I have been in 5 drug detoxifications, and from different centers. I think you guys would need to know that before you can begin rehab, you'd need to undergo the detox process and complete it first.

I know from experience that if you start drug counselling with these toxins still in your body, you would only set yourself up for a painful relapse.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 AM

EmiRoss is on a distinguished road

That's true. Detox is not enough, you need to enter rehab or start counseling when you finish detox. Unlike what other people thinks!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:29 AM

Blender is on a distinguished road

Thank you for sharing that. I guess most of us make the mistake of getting into rehab or counselling straight away!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 AM

zen is on a distinguished road

It seems to me that it's common sense to complete a detox first. Detox takes the drugs out of your body, it expels all the dangerous elements in the drugs you used.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Peruvian is on a distinguished road

I also heard that drug detox does not work on its own...
Old 05-25-2009, 05:46 PM

MarissaS is on a distinguished road

Well, yes. Detox is only the first step to recovery, not the treatment itself.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 PM

LiaAtha is on a distinguished road

It is also very important to be under medical supervision when you're going through detox. This is to make your withdrawal symptoms manageable!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:54 PM

LiveWIRE is on a distinguished road

A doctor could also tell you that what you're experiencing is a normal part of detox, and could monitor if you're undergoing something that's life threatening. Detox is a difficult process, so it's really necessary to have medical supervision.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 PM

BroSantino is on a distinguished road

My cousin underwent detox for like a week, but I've heard that detox only takes one day. Was he fibbing me?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:01 AM

tequila is on a distinguished road

Detox times vary depending on the person and how addicted he is. So it's possible that your cousin was severely addicted.