Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Depressants > Benzodiazepines

Benzodiazepines This class of psychoactive drugs is useful in treating anxiety, agitation, insomnia, muscle spasms, seizures, as well as alcohol withdrawal. Discuss benzodiazepines effects, benzodiazepine dosage and more in this forum.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 AM

pavin is on a distinguished road
Default Klonopin, alcohol and tolerance?

I was prescribed Xanax .5mg tablets not too long ago and since then had one more refill than my doctor switched me to Klonopin. One night I took 18 .5mg tabs (9mg clonazepam) so I could get high and also drank 6 beers but it honestly didnt do as much as I thought it would do to me. I could walk straight, talk fine and really didn't feel that intoxicated. Is it possible that my tolerance is really that high? Just blows my mind I haven't been taking benzodiazipines for long and it seems like these pills just don't do crap to me. I gave one .5 mg pill to my friend who takes these class of drugs occasionally and he also had a beer and he was completely out of it and didn't remember much of the night. I remember everything perfectly. Is it possible that my brain handles these drugs completely different from other people? Its just strange to me and after taking all of these pills I stopped cold turkey and felt no withdrawals whatsoever. I can eat fine and get good sleep. This is just mind boggling to me. I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow about all this stuff. Also I'm 17, 125 lbs and have been taking these pills for panic attacks. Any suggestions as to why these drugs don't affect me like they do to others? Every experience I read about online about people taking these class of drugs always seem to feel relaxed and calm. I admit they do affect me but not even a tenth of what they do to normal people. I got 33mg left and I really don't have much desire to take them. This is all kinda funny to me but should I be worried? Is it possible I have a natural tolerance? In the past Ive been prescribed painkillers for my appendicitis surgery and after taking like 10 percocets I couldn't even tell if I was feeling anything. I guess pills just don't affect me like normal people. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 AM

samc9389 is on a distinguished road

I was lost but i found myself using this websbite

Drug Alcohol Addiction Recovery
Lost in a Life of Addiction? Finding Yourself is the Key
Drug Alcohol Addiction Recovery Workbook - Addiction Self Help - Drug Alcohol Help

Good Luck