Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Depressants > Klonopin

Klonopin Klonopin is a trade name for clonazepam, a highly potent anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant and anxiolytic benzodiazepine derivative. There are a number of clonazepam side effects, so it is prudent to know them, as well as the proper clonazepam dosage and other clonazepam inormation before taking this drug.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:14 PM

Amberc28 is on a distinguished road
Default What is it prescribed for?

What disorders is Klonopin commonly prescribed for? Muscle related injuries and similar problems?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:59 AM

Cascadia is on a distinguished road

One of my friends in college was prescribed Klonopin for an anxiety disorder. It's also used to treat seizures. I've never heard of anyone having it prescribed for a physical injury, though.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:20 PM

Jeffrey is on a distinguished road

It's used for anxiety, PTSD, any of the anxiety related disorders. It was primarily a drug for seizure disorders and then they found the other uses for it. A lot of times a drug is used for what they call "off label" uses until they get approval from the FDA for the "off label" use.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:18 PM

beenthere is on a distinguished road

I used to take Klonopin for anxiety problems. It really wasn`t helping though. I switched to Valium. It works better. Of course when I have a lot of stress going on in my life nothing helps. Then I just have to find a way to deal with it.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 AM

dilshanroy is on a distinguished road
Default What is it prescribed for

The Food & Drug Administration sets stringent guidelines for the approved makes use of of the drugs it authorizes, both to protect public health & safety as well as to make pharmaceutical companies accountable for the drugs they produce.The FDA approved usage for Seroquel in 1997 was the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar mania.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 AM

rjm is on a distinguished road

Sorry to jump in the middle of this thread. I suffer from bad depression and mild anxiety so I'm on .5 I think klonopin 2x a day. Can the klonopin contribute to my depression?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner