Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Antidepressants > Lexapro

Lexapro One of the top antidepressants today is Lexapro, which bears the generic name escitalopram. Learn more about effects, dosages, tolerance and addiction to Lexapro.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:34 PM

rlac is on a distinguished road
Default Have you ever stopped taking lexapro without advice and why?

I used to take Lexapro every morning to help with my depression, and every time I started taking it, I would eventually decide that I was unhappy with the medicine, even though it stabilized me. It's kind of hard to describe how I felt, but it just seemed like I was just going through the motions of life and although I was very aware of everything going on around me, I somehow felt like I was just floating from day to day--and not in a good way.

Now that I am older (I began struggling with depression when I was 14), I have begun an observation on depression patients, specifically those like myself who struggled to continue taking their medications as they were advised to.

I would just like to ask who in this forum has ever abruptly stopped taking Lexapro, and why, and what side effects they felt after abruptly stopping. This is entirely at your consent, and I will not ask for personal details besides simple answering statements, and any information I use will be done anonymously to protect your identities. I just want to hear from people other than myself WHY they stopped taking Lexapro when they shouldn't have.

ALSO, if you have had other experiences like this on other SSRIs like Zoloft or Paxil, please feel free to talk about them at your discretion! Best wishes.

Tags
lexapro, quitting medicine, withdrawal