Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Inhalants > Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide Nitrous oxide, popularly known as "laughing gas" is commonly used in surgery and dentistry because of its anesthetic and analgesic effects. Nitrous oxide gas is used as a recreational drug for the intense sensation it provides.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM

Peruvian is on a distinguished road
Default Safe?

Aside from surgery and dental procedures, nitrous oxide is used as a propellant for rockets and race cars. It has also been known to have come from bushfires. Are you guys sure that this stuff is safe to use as an analgesic or anesthesia???
Old 05-14-2009, 06:21 PM

Alora is on a distinguished road

I've had the same questions myself. Although my doubts came from being an environmentalist. You see nitrous oxide is one of the major greenhouse gas. If it is safe to use on humans, it definitely harms the environment.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 PM

LiaAtha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
I've had the same questions myself. Although my doubts came from being an environmentalist. You see nitrous oxide is one of the major greenhouse gas. If it is safe to use on humans, it definitely harms the environment.
I've heard about that. I think nitrous oxide is around 300 times as damaging to the ozone layer than carbon dioxide.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:17 PM

LiaAtha is on a distinguished road

You have to understand that what's used in dentistry is not pure nitrous oxide. Often, this is mixed with oxygen. It remains one of the most potent inhalant sedatives.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 PM

MarissaS is on a distinguished road

Yup. But the euphoric effects is what makes nitrous oxide open to abuse.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 PM

MarissaS is on a distinguished road

Some thing to lighten up your moods
Old 05-15-2009, 08:08 AM

BroSantino is on a distinguished road

Apparently, those who abuse this experience feelings of euphoria and have hallucinations. However, what's available to the general public are those that are used for automobile propellants, and these usually has sulfur in it. That can cause the trachea to close!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:33 PM

markedman is on a distinguished road

I've heard that some people die from it because they put the gas inside a plastic bag and tie it around their necks! How stupid can you get?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 PM

singular is on a distinguished road

That's not all... this gas is habit forming because the effects you get from it are short lived.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 PM

friedchicken is on a distinguished road

But there are no side effects in inhaling this? Seems to me that people are harmed more by stupidity than side effects?