Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Stimulants > Crack

Crack Crack is a freebase form of cocaine. To turn cocaine to crack, it is processed with baking powder, and the result is a solid, smokable form of cocaine. Smoking crack cocaine is highly addictive, making a crack cocaine addiction a foregone conclusion.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emily430

Old 11-16-2013, 02:49 PM

larrylive is on a distinguished road
Default Recovered Crack Head

Yep, that's me, a recoveredcrackhead. And I would like to help others that suffer from addiction.

I lost everything and then some. But I made the changes and continue to work hard at improving my life. Mainly by helping others improve theirs.

Please don't give up, it can be done and it's worth it.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 11-20-2013, 04:37 PM

There is no failure except in the not trying.

Wisdom, unfortunately, is gained through experience. And as we make our way through life many of the difficulties we experience, it is learned, only happen because we fail to see. We fail to see other options or we fail to see the part we play.

When we hear WE must change sometimes we think about how to change our enviroment (people, places & things). This can be helpful, but it is NOT ourselves. It took along time for me to realize, that if I am an addict and wish not to be I can no longer be "me". I had to decide wether to be "cool" and suffer or be average and happy. It took a long time for me to realize that in trying to be cool, I was trying to be something I wasn't and what that was, was happy with myself. It took some searching, not around town, nor on the internet, but searching inside of myself.
It's not easy, nor is it qiuck, but becoming who we really are certainly is more comfortable. When you decide to look for yourself, you'll realize whats truely important. There is no majic words or buttons to push. It takes work and above all...it takes a lifetime to become who we really are.

Be well,
Larry
Old 11-24-2013, 01:39 PM

"If there is one danger in long term recovery programs it is complacency.
The way to overcome complacency is through personal growth.
Seek to improve your life.
Seek to improve your life situation.
Seek to eliminate negative things from your life.
If you do these three things diligently then you will not relapse.
If you can do this in AA then that is great. If you can do this outside of AA then that is great too.
Find the path that leads to growth." Patrick via Spiritual river

Be Well,
Larry
Old 01-04-2014, 07:21 PM

Well Happy new Year,

Hope all is well with you.

This recovery business is a funny thing. I thought my life was coming together, following the plan I laid out and striving to reach my goals. But there are always those people and situations we do not anticipate. ironicaly for me it was people close to me that messed up my progress in life. They are continueing to use and when I threatened to "rain on their parade" they saw fit to screw up my life. Patching andmending is taking a lot of time and effort, but by the Grace of God I shall continue to stay the course. I hope you do to.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Administrator

emily430 is on a distinguished road

Glad to have you, Larry. I'm the moderator for TheGoodDrugsGuide. Looking forward to hearing more of your story. It would be great if you could help others on the forum--we do have many people pass through in times of need.

Thanks!
joanie likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:31 PM

I have been forced to do some "volunteer" to earn my foodstamps. Helping a Habitat-for-Humanity Re-Store (think high end Salvation Army) Spent the last three days moving furniture, yesterday about 100 laminated desk tops, my muslces are sore, I am tired and I can't wait to go back and do it some more. Coincidently enough, they had been running a help wanted add. I am hoping this turns into a real job. I like their mission and could see myself helping to help others help themselves.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 04-30-2017, 08:51 PM

Hey, it's me. Still doing the recovered thing and more. Always interested in helping anyone anytime.

Be Well,
Larry