Crack Crack is a freebase form of cocaine. To turn cocaine to crack, it is processed with baking powder, and the result is a solid, smokable form of cocaine. Smoking crack cocaine is highly addictive, making a crack cocaine addiction a foregone conclusion.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 AM

Sweetvtmom is on a distinguished road
Default Side effects

I was just wondering what the long term side effects of crack are on the body? I have known people who have smoked it for years---and I often wonder what the inside of the body looks like.

Does anybody know what it actually does to the body? Long term.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:25 PM

lilbit is on a distinguished road

I was married to a crack addict. He didn`t do it all the time, but when he did use it he lasted about 3 months. We had some friends that he got into crack. They both got very skinny and very old looking. They looked like skeletons. From what I have seen your body just starts to deteriorate. I know a woman that sells herself on the street to get crack. She looks very old. I`m sure her insides are in quite bad shape.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM

Sweetvtmom is on a distinguished road

They say that crack use can lead to malnutrition and weight loss, and even possible heart attacks, strokes, and convulsions. Those are just to name a few--there are many other long term side effects.

Pretty scary if you ask me.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:39 AM

ready2forgive is on a distinguished road
Default Do users all sleep with just anyone?

Kind of a silly question - but anyone who lives with a user, whether they use recreationally (functional addict) or not, when the user goes out using, do you think when they get high, they're going to want to have sex with anyone who's at 'the party' - even if its someone who wouldn't normally be their taste etc.? Like, is that a given when there's a group of them sitting around doing crack, do they just start wanting it and then start doing it?? I just keep reading that sex is better than the high.

I could see long-term, maybe 'chronic users' having sex with just anyone, but I may just be in denial, I don't know. I just want to know if the user gets horny right away - like I've been reading. I hate thinking that my spouse - who has just recently been introduced to this drug - is out there smoking it and just doing anyone there. Those are my visions. AND when he decides to return home, because this is his first time straying on this shit and leaving us, should he be tested before WE do anything??
Old 04-27-2009, 12:21 AM

zen is on a distinguished road

Crack has some very serious effects on the internal organs. For one, our brain is affected. People who have quit from cocaine have problems thinking, remembering, paying attention, solving problems and speaking or writing words.

Cocaine can make you paranoid and make you have poor hand-eye coordination.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 AM

zen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2forgive View Post
Kind of a silly question - but anyone who lives with a user, whether they use recreationally (functional addict) or not, when the user goes out using, do you think when they get high, they're going to want to have sex with anyone who's at 'the party' - even if its someone who wouldn't normally be their taste etc.? Like, is that a given when there's a group of them sitting around doing crack, do they just start wanting it and then start doing it?? I just keep reading that sex is better than the high.

I could see long-term, maybe 'chronic users' having sex with just anyone, but I may just be in denial, I don't know. I just want to know if the user gets horny right away - like I've been reading. I hate thinking that my spouse - who has just recently been introduced to this drug - is out there smoking it and just doing anyone there. Those are my visions. AND when he decides to return home, because this is his first time straying on this shit and leaving us, should he be tested before WE do anything??
it all depends on what kind of drug you take. some makes everyone attractive, but you find that you are not up to it. this is the case with alcohol... when no matter how beautiful you think that waitress is, you can't get it up. while other drugs will make you feel all macho and do everyone in the room in an hour...

so what type of drug do you have in mind?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:46 AM

ready2forgive is on a distinguished road

Well I was thinking crack or cocaine. I was reading a lot on crackreality.com and it scared the sh** out of me that this makes them 'horny', which'll put them at risk for unprotected sex. I'm just not sure if thats the case with anyone that does crack or what. Thanks for responding.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 AM

LiveWIRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
Crack has some very serious effects on the internal organs. For one, our brain is affected. People who have quit from cocaine have problems thinking, remembering, paying attention, solving problems and speaking or writing words.

Cocaine can make you paranoid and make you have poor hand-eye coordination.
I've heard that brains literally decrease in size
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2forgive View Post
Well I was thinking crack or cocaine. I was reading a lot on crackreality.com and it scared the sh** out of me that this makes them 'horny', which'll put them at risk for unprotected sex. I'm just not sure if thats the case with anyone that does crack or what. Thanks for responding.
am not sure if crack makes people horny. from what i know, cocaine makes you very tired and irritable, not necessarily the romantic ideal for sex.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:50 AM

I really admire you for reaching out and talking to complete strangers about your problem, and for not shrugging it off. I also commend you for being wary and watchful.

« Crak | - »