Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Barbiturates > Ambien

Ambien Can't sleep? Sleep aids, such as sleeping pills like Ambien are effective but often abused. Bearing the generic name of zolpidem, Ambien is used as insomnia medication. Take a look inside our forum to find out more about Ambien.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM

stacyk19 is on a distinguished road
Default Why can't you sleep?

I was curious as to why people are not able to get to sleep? In the past if I had some coffee before I went to bed I would not be able to sleep for hours, but in general I fall asleep in about 2-3 minutes after I lie down.

What is it that keeps you awake at night? Do you not feel tired? Are you exercising to late at night?
Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 AM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

For the most part I sleep great at night but if I am overly stressed about something I will have some wild dream that makes me feel like I have been up all night. Occasionally things will keep me awake but usually I sleep really well.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:58 AM

Julia is on a distinguished road

I used to have a hard time sleeping because heartburn would wake me up almost every night, no matter what habits I tried to change. But when I had my gallbladder removed, I had no more heartburn.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:28 AM

vwjet is on a distinguished road

well some people have a hard time falling asleep, like a roomate i had gave me all forms of entertainment so he could become more disciplined to go to bed on time. he still couldnt go to sleep at a decent hour even if he had been up all night the night before. he took ambien after his dinner and was out like a light when he went to bed. although i do not recommend taking ambien if you are not planning on going to sleep. it will make you sleep walk as i have experienced for myself. your imagination takes over and you lose control of your actions. you can be woken up but as soon as your mind wanders again off you continue with your dream. your mind thinks your dreaming so when you wake up you only remember parts of what happened just like a normal dream. i was in the attic of my apartment when my roommate asked me what i was doing. and i snapped out of it not knowing i was really up there. crazy stuff!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:33 PM

DocMon is on a distinguished road

I'd be interested to know where your roommate got the Ambien if it were not prescribed to him.

do not self medicate, even if you know what the drug is for, you still don't know if you're contraindicated for it. This is why prescription drugs are more dangerous than illegal drugs, because a lot of people think they are safer when they're not!