Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Cannabis > Hashish

Hashish Hashish are compressed blocks of resin extracted from the cannabis plant. Traditionally stronger than marijuana, smoking hashish has become a common practice in many areas, and it often leads to a hashish addiction. Medical hashish is used for the treatment of various ailments.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 AM

kamal is on a distinguished road
Default What is the difference between hash, pot & grass?

Havent done it. I know i sound like a loser. Just wanted to know whats the meaning of hash, pot & grass? whats the difference arent they the same? and what about Cannabis & marijuana? is it the same too?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 AM

pavin is on a distinguished road

Pot is a slang term for marijuana buds. Grass is a slang term for marijuana that isn't used much today. Back in the 1970's, most of the bud available was Mexican or Columbian sativa. Sativa plants are more scraggly than their indica cousins. My mother would describe some "super grass" she got back in the 70's.
Cannabis refers to the family of marijuana and hemp plants. The three types of non-hemp cannabis are indica, sativa, ruderalis. Indica is from the Hindu Kush region of the Himalayan foothills. The plants are short and squat, have wide leaves and produce much resin. They are favored for makiing hashish, or hash for short. The resin glands are shaken or screened of of the sticky leaves and buds of the plant. Sometimes a much lower quality hash is made from discarded trimmings, it is called water hash.
Sativa plants are taller and the leaves are skinnier. Ruderalis grows in the russian steppes, it is sometimes used for marijuana breeding because the ruderalis plant flowers automatically at a certain age, while the indica and sativa plants flowering is triggered by the length of the day. Ruderalis has many desirable qualities, such as smell, stature, hardiness, etc. But it is a low THC strain. THC is the most psychoactive chemical in marijuana, although the smoke contains many psychoactive chemicals known as cannibinoids. The unique mix of these chemicals produces different types of highs from different plants. In general, indica plants are acrid, harsh smoke which produces a lethargic/ narcotic type high which is good for relaxation. Sativa smoke is more stimulating mentally, the aroma is sweeter or fruiter.

Common slang terms for buds include dank, skunk, killer bud or kine bud (KB) kiler green bud (KGB) mexi, dirt weed , etc.
There are many strains which have fixed traits which are used for breeding and sold in Amsterdam and British Columbia, such as Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Sour Diesel, AK47, Master Kush, Bluberry, Bubblegum, etc.

There is also an industrial cousin to marijuana, cannabis hemp. It isn't for smoking but they make rope out of its fibers, and the seeds are used for bird seed or pressed for oil.

If you are ever in Amsterdam, you can try some marijuana as it is legal there. However the buds there are very strong, so tell the coffee shop guy you are a rookie. Otherwise you will be overpowered and may not enjoy it.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Chrissie is on a distinguished road

Back in the sixties in the UK we called the leaves and seeds, "grass". They were easy to get hold of and everyone grew some grass in their back garden. It was mild and enjoyable and we all used to give it away, not sell it. Those were the days!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:39 PM

thing1 is on a distinguished road

I didn't really know the difference between the terms either, so thanks for answering. I know that marijuana has a ton of names though. Some of which I came across in a book not too long ago and was surprised by how often I've heard the term but didn't realize it was a pot reference!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 PM

Donnell is on a distinguished road
Default different names for marijuana

Just clarify, or atleast say it the way I would because everybody learns differently, so it might help someone to hear it a different way. Not that I'm all that knowledgeable, but I have smoked weed for 10 years so I have a little to offer on the topic.
So there are names for the plant in its different forms, such as hash, which is resin produced from the buds and leaves and such, and theirs the plant we smoke which is just cut from the ground, dried, manicured and smoked. (which is part of the greatness of the plant, that all we have to do is pull it out of the ground and let it dry and we can smoke it. No chemicals or difficult processes, all natural from mother nature herself!) It's just like cocaine, you can chew the leaf straight off the tree, or process the leave to make the powder you snort, or process the powder to make crack, or freebase; but when it comes down to it, it's all cocaine, just different ways of putting it into your bloodstream.
so there's the names for the plant itself, then there are the slang names for the plant that is on the street and ready to smoke, such as weed, pot, grass, dope, etc. Then there are the names for the different strains of weed being grown. Just like there are different strains of apples: red delicious, granny smith, gala, etc. They're all still apples. Just like botonists have developed ways to genetically modify fruit and vegetables to be bigger and juicier, corn to be yellow and bigger, grass that grows perfectly for golf courses, genius pothead botonists have created their own strains by combined different strains. The weed is way more potent than it was in the 60's, shoot, even the 90's for christ's sake! Anyway, done rambling.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 AM

BallPark is on a distinguished road
Default TL;DR Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal View Post
Havent done it. I know i sound like a loser. Just wanted to know whats the meaning of hash, pot & grass? whats the difference arent they the same? and what about Cannabis & marijuana? is it the same too?
Hash: Processed and somewhat concentrated Marijuana product popular in europe.

Pot: Dried leaves, stems, and flowers of the Marijuana plant popular everwhere, its most basic forum.

Grass: Groovy old word for Pot

Cannabis/Marijuana Tomato/Tomato same thing