Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Barbiturates > Quaaludes

Quaaludes There was a time when Quaaludes or methaqualone was quite popular in the United States as a drug for insomnia, and as a sedative and muscle relaxant. The highly addictive properties of Quaaludes led to their withdrawal from the market and classification as a Schedule I controlled substance.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 AM

mr.red is on a distinguished road
Default Quaalude anyone?

Does anyone remember quaaludes? How did they make you feel? Do you miss them? Is there anything that compares with them?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 PM

beenthere is on a distinguished road

When I was in my early twenties I tried a Quaalude. I didn`t like it at all. I couldn`t remember anything after taking it. I don`t even now why I took it except that back then I was a very lonely person and I didn`t care about my life at all. I got away from the people who were into that stuff. I never took it again.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:57 PM

Luc151 is on a distinguished road

I do not think that they are in common use anymore, well at the very least they are not popular with the drug culture as a whole anymore. If there are legitimate medical conditions where these need to prescribed for treatment, then that is ok by me.

From what I gather they produce a tranquilizer like effect where the person just kind of walks around in a daze and is not very coherent. Doesn't appeal to me very much.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

I personally never tried Quaaludes. I saw some friends trip out on them one time and decided it wasn't for me. The hypnotic effect alone was enough to discourage me. I don't like feeling like I'm not in control of my own body.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 PM

LadyShei is on a distinguished road

My mother used Quaaludes, they don't prescribe them anymore... the only thing they do prescribe which is similar is Valium. My mom is absolutely convinced that Valium used to be a Quaalude back in the day, but is now somehow not... as in "They musta changed the formula since then." That's what she says, but I take Valium for insomnia, chronic pain, and anxiety... it seems pretty hypnotic to me.

« - | Mandrax »