Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Addiction Treatment Center Corner > Detox Centers

Detox Centers One of the first steps in an addict's recovery is detoxifying themselves of all the junk that's been in their systems, typically at detoxification centers. If you're looking for info on the best detox centers, detox facilities, drug detoxification programs and detox clinics, check this forum out.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 AM

sino is on a distinguished road
Default How do i find out a surgeon's success rate ?

Hi due to have surgery to remove my gallbladder, is there any way or website where i can find out a particular surgeon's success rate in the operating theatre ?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 AM

gris is on a distinguished road

There isn’t one that I know of and if there were I wouldn’t trust it. Who would define a successful surgery? How would it be reported? Who would make sure the information was accurate? What about high risk surgeries?
Source(s):
I am a cancer registrar.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 AM

Blender is on a distinguished road

I find it odd that you should go to a forum to ask for recommendations. I think the best way to find out if a doctor is good or not is to ask your friends about their doctors. If you have a friend who happens to be a doctor, then maybe you can ask about them.

There are also some Health 2.0 Web sites that allows its users to post their experiences with regards to their medical situations, diseases and with certain doctors. They can also give you access to databases of healthcare providers. You can probably google it.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 PM

DocMon is on a distinguished road

I agree. Google is your friend. In this age you can find any info you want online if you know how to search it. What is your surgeon's name, maybe I can help you?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:50 PM

AmitaLaSalle is on a distinguished road

You can also search for your doctor's linkedin account. Or you can post a twit or use your status message in your Facebook to find out more about your doctor.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:05 AM

Blender is on a distinguished road

Please stay on topic?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:04 PM

Lorraine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelan View Post
If you trust your Dr, ask for their recommendation.

If you don't trust your Dr, find another Dr.

Dr's talk amongst themselves, just as any other professional body does. Your Dr has a pretty good idea of who to recommend in your area for whatever treatment you require.

To get a more personal view, arrive early for your initial surgeons appointment, check out the other people in the waiting room, some will be there for follow up treatments, if they seem pleased to be seeing te surgeon again, then that is a pretty good indication that they are happy with their surgery.
Very good advice, kelan, especially in regards to trusting your doctor. Your doctor will know better than anyone off the streets many times. If one person has a bad experience with a doctor the will spread it to everyone they know and everyone they know spreads it and it could have been one person's experience. But if a doctor is hearing from multiple patients that they have had problems with a particular surgeon, he will be less likely to refer them.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM

stacyk19 is on a distinguished road

There are various websites where you can go to find out doctor's feedback and ratings from past clients. I do not know how accurate these sites are though, since you can't be sure that the doctor didn't just make a fake account and post a bunch of positive reviews for himself.

I would look into a few as a preliminary round of "research" about the doctor. Perhaps it may just be enough info you were looking for to make up your mind.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Jeffrey is on a distinguished road

I always ask my doctor, "If it were you or if it were your close family, who would you go to?" They think long and hard about it but most will answer you honestly.