Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Narcotics > Heroin

Heroin Heroin has the distinction of being one of the most-used, most-rapidly acting, and most addictive opiate. Its abuse is rampant, with many people shooting heroin on a regular basis and suffering from long-term heroin addiction.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 AM

dagonit is on a distinguished road
Question Dilemma - Allergic to Naloxone - Please Help

I am new to this forum. I am from N.C. & need help. My hope is that someone can help me, please. I have been an addict for about 17 years. Long story short, in deciding to get clean, I started buying Suboxone off of my friends; until I found help. Well, I discovered that my body will not tolerate naloxone. Bad things happen! LOL. Rashes, headaches, welts, itchy hives and my breathing became very labored. That scared me.
I came across the Subutex-which has no naloxone. I took those, and I was fine. My only problem is that I cannot find a Dr. or Clinic to prescribe me Subutex.
If anyone can help me I would be deeply grateful. I live in Northern North Carolina. Still, I am very near to Virginia, South Carolina & Tennessee. I will travel. I know that someone can refer me to a Doctor who is compassionate to those of us who are allergic to this component. I am pleading, I hate to say this, but I feel hopeless & almost like my recovery is contingent on this.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:32 AM

sunny is on a distinguished road
Smile hope this helps

hello dagonit...i unfortunately have the exact same issue as u do...im 46 and have multiple chronic illnesses and severe pain from .lupus,fibromyalgia degen disc.herniated discs in lumbar and cervical spine, peripheral neuropathy, and many more including diabetes..i was going to a great doctor and clinic and was on subutex for pain and addiction due to all the super strong painkillers id been on..i didnt know tht i really had it made and switched back to traditional pain mgmt dr and stopped going to the subutex clinic...this clinic does pain anddd addiction problems....and once i left them they wouldnt let me return b/c id left w/o explaining to them i felt i needed more pain relief ..so im bk to square one and at a new suboxone clinic tht does not believe in subutex under any circumstance and im in hell...i have rashes..wheezing facial swelling red inflammed eyes and feel like im being poisoned..im also allergic to all artificial sweetners and suboxone has acesulfame potassium in it and the newer generic suboxone by actavis contains another artificial sweetner call sucralose better known as splenda that is even worse than the orange acesulfame potassium ...so im sick but cannot just drop the suboxone either...i have beat myself up so many times over losing my great subutex dr....im looking also for one to prescribe subutex....but if you havent gotten a dr yet here is the name and number ..its in johnson city TN ...its called walk in medical care and a good dr is dr cirelli to ask for he is there on mondays if things as they were back last winter..he is wonderful and compassionate...the number is 423-422-7000...even tho im suffering..im looking too, but wanted to help u if i could...i was a nurse b4 i got sick and my heart bleeds for us with substance abuse issues esp those with chronic pain as well..but i dont ever put anyone down. ....best wishes hope this helps if u havent gotten anyone yet..regards..sunny
Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 AM

sunny is on a distinguished road
Wink oooppss

i gave you the wrong number this naloxone combined with allergy to sweetners is really making me sick..even my mind is a mess...its 423-722-4000

Tags
buprenorphine, recovery, substance abuse, subuex, treatment