Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Narcotics > Heroin

Heroin Heroin has the distinction of being one of the most-used, most-rapidly acting, and most addictive opiate. Its abuse is rampant, with many people shooting heroin on a regular basis and suffering from long-term heroin addiction.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 AM

indigo1111 is on a distinguished road
Question How can you tell if someone is lying about not taking heroin anymore

My husband was a former heroid user and started the methadone program two years ago at 160 ml, but is down to 30 ml's now. However, due to the type of people he knows and the type of life he leads, he has access to heroin or any type of drug. I don't like it, but I do love him. Lately, I've been supsecting he's using heroin again. I'm extremely concerened that he is somehow fooling the methadone doctors, as he has to do a urinalysis randomly to make sure he is not on any other drugs.I'm wondering, if he were using heroin as well as methadone, how would he fool a urinalysis and what signs and symptoms should I be looking for to see if he is being untruthful about using heroin? I guess my questions are , can he somehow pass a urinalysis because his results show no other drugs in his system. How can I tell if he is lying?

I need to know what to look for to see if he is using again and how he can be getting away with it if he's on the methadone program.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:26 PM

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Is there some sort of test from the doctors to know if he's taking or not?

You can ask him directly and check how he reacts when you ask him. A liar usually exaggerates things and when they are threatened or feel guilty, they usually redirect the issue to something else. You can check his body language - check these tips on how to know if a person is lying through his body language. They are even sometimes mad when you ask a question which makes them feel guilty.

Also check his eye direction when he answers you. wanna know? check out the link.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM

glamorousaddict is on a distinguished road

its actually quite easy to forge a urine test, i used to do it alot. you just take in a liitle bottle of clean pee with one drop of methadone added to it.
there are a number of things to look out for :
a) money disappearing, or borrowing money off anybody
b) dirty fingers from smoking it on the foil
c) when you smoke gear, it usually leaves a residue on your teeth
d) pupils being pinned when he comes in from being out for ages
e) making up stupid excuses to go and score, or going the shop alot more
f) has his appetite changed, being off gear his appetitie will increase
g) his sexual appetite would decrease also if he's using again
h) strong gear would make him sleepy and drowsy
it really is worth discussing going on some kind of blocker like naltrexone, for when he is off the methadone. he also wants to think about coming off the meth as quick as possible, it's worse than heroin.
check out my blog, its honest and truthful : Glamorous Addict
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 AM

Shann80 is on a distinguished road
Default I have a parner now who is a recovering H user

I have had loads of money missing, he did tell me me though he went back to smack when things were really going good with us. He said he didnt know how to handle happiness and he decided to have a shot. It was his down fall.... I myself have endured lie after lie after lie. He switched to methadone recently (previously on subutex) but there is still money missing. He says words like "I love you" but I'd like to see the actions that he really does love me. We fight all the time especially when I challenge him on "things that don't make sense" (that's what I've learnt to call em). I know he was using even when he told me different, it's the most frustrating and hardest thing I've ever been through. GOOD LUCK xx
Old 01-08-2012, 07:46 PM

its a bit worrying that he changed from subutex to methadone, why was that ? you can't use heroin on top of subutex, but you can ALWAYS use on top of methadone, which is what a lot of addicts do. they use the meth as a back up or safety net so they know they won't withdraw, but then they take heroin on top.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:25 PM

Shann80 is on a distinguished road

He developed a habit in 6 weeks of using H and was diverting his subutex and selling it. After 6 weeks he took his subutex (in an attempt to stop H) which put him into rapid withdrawal I was with him at the time. He then had no choice to tell me he had been using and pleaded me to drive him so he could get on. Then he made the decision to return to Methadone as he was too scared to have subutex. We went to the clinic the next day and told his Dr everything. I have recently kicked him out of the house as I feel he is still deceiving me and I believe he is still using. He has seemed to be doing ok since I left him, and he tells me is also. He promises to get work and has started talking to me about his problems and also starting to be honest with things happened in the past. But there is still a very long road ahead. I want him to go to rehab but he refuses. We have a daughter together she is only 10mths old. Its a very sad story. He could be such a good person if it wasnt for this drug.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:45 AM

the only time i managed to kick it it for good was when i moved away from the area. i know that heroin is everywhere, but it really helps when you don't have the usual crowd around you and you don't know the local dealer. because he will have so many reminders around him now that he will be facing trigger after trigger.
i'm still not convinced about the methadone. it sounds like he took the subutex too soon. if you don't wait until you are withdrawing and you take it while you feel ok, it will bring on strong withdrawals, which sounds like what happened.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM

it's a shame that your daughter isn't giving him the kick up the arse that he needs. try point out more and more how valuable it is to have a father figure that will support, understand and love your daughter. ask him how he would feel if he found out his daughter turned into a heroin addict when she's older. i know that sometimes its impossible to just up sticks and move to a new area. if you can't do this then he needs to get his name down on a proper re-habilitation centre. the kind where you go and live at the rehab place for 6 months. cuz after going through the getting the drugs out of his system, which by the way, takes no more than 3 days. the rest of the time is spent in teaching you how to cope and deal with the real world and how to live a normal life. thats why its a 6 month thing. people that just do a quick detox nearly all relapse and find their way back using again. cont...
Old 01-13-2012, 10:49 AM

theres so much more to it but he has the the best incentive to sort himself out....his daughter...and he also has you.
i know you're sick of it and you feel that you can't trust him, and you have good reason for feeling like that. but you need to start visualising a happy family set up, where he is happy doing a job that he likes, supporting the both of you.
all the best
Old 01-13-2012, 10:55 AM

not sure where you are from but i know that there are free 6 month rehab centres dotted about the place in the uk. one i can think of straight of the top of my head is the o'connor centre in newcastle under lyme near stoke on trent.
Staffordshire Mental Health

try contacting them and see if theres a place near you.