Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Antidepressants > Celexa

Celexa Celexa is one brand name for citalopram, an antidepressant drug used to treat severe depression associated with mood disorders. In this forum, you can discuss the side effects of citalopram, citalopram dosages, addiction risks, and more.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road
Default Big breasted men on Celexa?

Is it true that Celexa causes bigger breasts in men?

I have a friend who says that her husband's breasts became bigger. If it is, then this might be a boon to gay men who likes to crossdress!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 PM

zen is on a distinguished road

I really haven't come across data that says Celexa causes enlarged breasts in men... I have come across some sites that say it enlarges female breasts, though, so there might be some truth in this
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM

EmiRoss is on a distinguished road

LOL. I think much of the confusion comes from those spammy ads that feature male breast reduction procedures... saying that male breast enlargement is caused by Celexa, among other reasons.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 PM

napalm is on a distinguished road

No this couldn't be true.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:17 PM
cafeamelie

this is new.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM

RogerC88 is on a distinguished road

That sounds like an awful side effect, that must have something to do with disrupting the levels of estrogen and testosterone levels in men's bodys.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 PM

takatenamano is on a distinguished road

Where did you get that information anyway Blender? Just curious.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:13 AM

drungies is on a distinguished road

There are many possible reasons for male breast growth. If caused by a medical problem, this should be corrected first. Such issues can be investigated by your internist or an endocrinologist. In most cases there is no known cause. A complete discussion of the many possible causes for gynecomastia is beyond the scope of this introduction.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:05 AM

Zen4life is on a distinguished road

I have read that Celexa is one of the medications that cause breast enlargement in men as a side effect. Though it is not common and as it is in the case of many medications, some people may or may not experience this side effect.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:31 PM

codyab7 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender View Post
Is it true that Celexa causes bigger breasts in men?

I have a friend who says that her husband's breasts became bigger. If it is, then this might be a boon to gay men who likes to crossdress!
--
I have been on Citalopran for 7 days and my chest has suddenly plumped and rounded some around thew nipple. This is weird, but if I were a girl I would be happy. Hopefully this will pass, because I don't want to develop a full rack anytime soon! I am not obese.