Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Stimulants > Crack

Crack Crack is a freebase form of cocaine. To turn cocaine to crack, it is processed with baking powder, and the result is a solid, smokable form of cocaine. Smoking crack cocaine is highly addictive, making a crack cocaine addiction a foregone conclusion.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:32 PM

joey is on a distinguished road
Default coming down from a crack high

my cousin is a crack addict. he goes on binges for days, been in and out of rehab, etc. When he is coming down from a high, he takes some kind of drug (purchased from the streets) to help bring him down. (he does not like to come down without the help of drugs. he will binge for days come down, be clean a day or two and start all over again.)
my question is this, is i okay to give him money to purchase these drugs, because i see it as enabling him? his mother sees it as helping him. i understand her wanting to help him, i understand the awful effects of withdrawal, but is this the best thing to do for him at the time?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:02 PM

redsky99 is on a distinguished road

The sooner you get him free of this drug the better, why wait months for a person to hopefully stop on their own when they risk doing real and permanent damages to themselves you know?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 AM

LiveWIRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
my cousin is a crack addict. he goes on binges for days, been in and out of rehab, etc. When he is coming down from a high, he takes some kind of drug (purchased from the streets) to help bring him down. (he does not like to come down without the help of drugs. he will binge for days come down, be clean a day or two and start all over again.)
my question is this, is i okay to give him money to purchase these drugs, because i see it as enabling him? his mother sees it as helping him. i understand her wanting to help him, i understand the awful effects of withdrawal, but is this the best thing to do for him at the time?

I think that it's just encouraging him to get high on cocaine again. To be honest, the money you give for the coming down drug should be spent on rehab.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:30 AM

LiveWIRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsky99 View Post
The sooner you get him free of this drug the better, why wait months for a person to hopefully stop on their own when they risk doing real and permanent damages to themselves you know?
I agree. They will not stop on their own if they haven't done so now.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM

WantTope is on a distinguished road

I agree with you LiveWire. It's like substituting a bad thing with another bad thing.