Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Stimulants > Crack

Crack Crack is a freebase form of cocaine. To turn cocaine to crack, it is processed with baking powder, and the result is a solid, smokable form of cocaine. Smoking crack cocaine is highly addictive, making a crack cocaine addiction a foregone conclusion.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 PM

lilbit is on a distinguished road
Default How hard is it to get off crack?

My ex husband would do crack for 3 months then quit. But he would always go back to it about 2 months later. My brother in law was addicted for years. He finally moved out of the state to get away from the friends he was hanging out with. He is doing really good as far as we know. Just how hard is it to get off this drug? I know quite a few people that have lost everything they owned because of this addiction. They still keep doing it too. I have heard that this is one of the hardest addictions to cure.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:01 AM

Sweetvtmom is on a distinguished road

I have a friend who has crack on and off his whole life. He is a great guy! Even on the crack--but it's sad to watch. He can be off of it for months--let a dealer call him or him get wind that there is a dealer around---and bam--he is right back to it, at what ever cost it takes to get it. It controls him.

When I say it's sad--we are talking about a guy that is this big tough guy and then to watch this drug take such control of him---but yet, what addiction doesn't take control of a person, right?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 PM

lilbit is on a distinguished road

It sure seems to have a strong hold on a person. And yes it`s very sad to watch someone lose everything, plus their own self respect. It`s so expensive and you get very little for your money so they have to keep buying more. And the high only lasts about ten minutes.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:07 PM

Sweetvtmom is on a distinguished road

Yep, and then they are doing whatever they can to find more money to buy more---so they can have that ten minute high again. It doesn't matter what they lose in the long run--their house, relationships, freedom--they do whatever it takes.

I have seen quite a few lives ruined from this drug--time and time again.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:26 AM

ready2forgive is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Is it too late?

I never thought in a million years we'd be going thru this. My spouse may have recently got into this stuff; bad influence from his work I'm told. I'm guessing he may have began using March 17th, according to information I dug up. And may have dabbled in it until March 30th. He then went to work out of town for 2 weeks, returned to town, went on a trip for 4-5 days without telling me, and has did his disappearing act again upon his return (april 20). This is right out of character for him; hes not communicating with me, he's not coming around, hes cut me off from his bank account, hes unreachable majority of the time......however, he's got to 'clean up' soon - IF this is even the case - cuz he leaves back to work for 2 weeks again on Tuesday, Apr.28th.

He seems reachable during the afternoons, say between 1pm - 6pm...but then I don't hear from him. He's in denial (of course), swears he's not using that stuff.....but yet since March 17th, has a new "friend", a person a lot of people know, is associated with the drug scene. He'd NEVER before associate himself with people like that. Hes better than that, he was all for us, the kids, his home, what he owns, etc.. He's just lost himself lately.

Is it too late to get him to leave it alone? When he goes back to work for those 2 weeks, is it then that he's going to realise what hes done and the impact? Maybe that'll be a wake up call and he'll come home in 2 weeks, wanting to be home and get normalicy back in his life? I don't know. Should I continually talk to him about the type of person he's associated with so it gets through to him; this persons place was raided not long ago, this person moved here with a drug dealer, all the stuff they own is from drug money, this person is known to 'involve people'....etc..etc.?? Will talking to him like that maybe 'snap him back to reality'? I need to get through to him. Its vital. We've been together for almost 24 years. This just happened, just like that!

Your thoughts!? Please! I'm desperate to get him out of that situation if thats what hes in to. I actually spoke sensibly to him tonight, told him to come home, he's better than that, don't let these people bring you down, you were looking forward to sooo much this summer; renovations, bbq's, riding your harley, watching your newest grandbaby.....and his relationship with his 2 year old granddaughter is a close one. She misses him so much. Along with our 13 year old. This is just devestating! All he said was, "we'll see".

Last edited by ready2forgive; 04-27-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 AM

zen is on a distinguished road

first off, are you sure he's doing crack?

I guess you are concerned that he's pulling away from family. But there are other telltale signs of crack addiction, for one, paranoid thoughts. And then unkempt appearances. If he exhibits these too, then he might be on crack.

There are other ways to find out. For one, talk and communicate with him. Your role here is that of a supportive and helpful wife, not a police out to nail a drug addict. Ask pointblank and lay out your concerns. Ask for explanations when possible. You may not get a confession, but at least you have aired your fears.

What other signs do you see? How is this friend from the drug circle known. What drugs are possible?

The sad thing is, you really can't know for sure until he tells you or until everything is too late.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:55 AM

ready2forgive is on a distinguished road

No, I'm not 100% certain - he swears he's not into that sh** when I do get to talk/text him........but its just the whole thing about him associating himself now with a known dealer - whether they're still selling or not. Heard this persons used before - whether they recently relapsed, I'm not sure. BUT it just seems this is the only scenerio I can come up with if he's all of a sudden associating with people like that and then cutting me off the bank account after I asked him why so many $200 withdrawals in one night while I was on holidays. He of course tried justifying that by saying he bought groceries, etc.. BUT I know too well that he doesn't withdraw cash for that; he uses a debit. AND the fact he is totally isolating himself from us is odd. Had he met someone decent and was pursuing a relationship with her, then he'z the type of person that would tell me - so not to drag me on like this, so I could move forward. BUT right now, he looks well kept - his normal self - and I don't think hes lost any weight (I'll have to really look now!), but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to spot anything right yet because its so new; remember, according to my detective work, he may have began on March 17 - March 31st, then again April 14 to today. I can't be 100% sure cuz hes secluding himself. Suppose time will tell. He just seesm so heartless too. Its like I don't even know him anymore. Since March 28th, he may have visited with the kids for a total of 4 hours. That is not like him. But yah, he denies it up and down, I can test him if I wanted to, his money is still in the bank, etc..etc.. I just hope I'm not falsley accusing him. That wouldn't be good, at all. I'm just baffled though. Thanks for replying.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 AM

LiveWIRE is on a distinguished road

For me, my advice is to get a former crack addict and show him or her your husband. See if he or she recognizes some symptoms. He should know!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM

MarissaS is on a distinguished road

Recognizing Crack Addict Behavior

It can be a heartbreaking and frustrating feeling to watch someone go through a drug addiction. A person caught up in this situation needs support and help from you to understand what the drug is doing to him/her physically, emotionally and mentally. Here is a list of common crack addict behavior to help you determine if this is the drug your loved one is using.

Physical and behavioral signs include:

* Irritability
* Anxiety
* Glassy eyes
* Restlessness
* Confrontational attitude
* Erratic behavior
* Signs of paranoia
* Nervousness
* Insomnia, followed by sleeping for long periods
* Dramatic increase or decrease in appetite and weight
* Frequent sniffing