Go Back   Drugs Forum - TheGoodDrugsGuide > Stimulants > Crack

Crack Crack is a freebase form of cocaine. To turn cocaine to crack, it is processed with baking powder, and the result is a solid, smokable form of cocaine. Smoking crack cocaine is highly addictive, making a crack cocaine addiction a foregone conclusion.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM

Alora is on a distinguished road

from the looks of it, he might be addicted but to what, we might never know.

Unless he tells you or you go to a doctor to find out for sure.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 PM

dianhawk is on a distinguished road

my son has been on crack for two years, smoking it! he has stolen from us lied and lost everything, he quit in Oct 2008 and just started up again at the end of march when an old friend came to town, he also has a drinking problem, he is married and she is pregnant now. He has speeding tickets all over San Antonio summing up to about 4,000. He is jail right now for demestic abuse, this is his first, he's already on probation his wife wont prosicute but that doesnt matter, the state very hard on this kind of thing and I cant blame them, there was no abuse in our family. He is my olny son. I just want out of this hell I'm in!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 AM

sybil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarissaS View Post
Recognizing Crack Addict Behavior

It can be a heartbreaking and frustrating feeling to watch someone go through a drug addiction. A person caught up in this situation needs support and help from you to understand what the drug is doing to him/her physically, emotionally and mentally. Here is a list of common crack addict behavior to help you determine if this is the drug your loved one is using.

Physical and behavioral signs include:

* Irritability
* Anxiety
* Glassy eyes
* Restlessness
* Confrontational attitude
* Erratic behavior
* Signs of paranoia
* Nervousness
* Insomnia, followed by sleeping for long periods
* Dramatic increase or decrease in appetite and weight
* Frequent sniffing
* Rambling speech
* Manic episodes
* Licking lips due to dry mouth
* Drinking a lot of water
* Aggression
* Depressed demeanor
* Large pupils
* Hallucinations
* Psychosis

Other signs to watch for:

* Evasive behavior when asked direct questions
* Frequent short absences that may be spent getting a quick high
* A distinct change in attitude/behavior upon the addict's return
thanks for the symptoms/signs that you had listed above !! i am sure i can recognize one if one of the members of my family is on it..
Old 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM

WantTope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianhawk View Post
my son has been on crack for two years, smoking it! he has stolen from us lied and lost everything, he quit in Oct 2008 and just started up again at the end of march when an old friend came to town, he also has a drinking problem, he is married and she is pregnant now. He has speeding tickets all over San Antonio summing up to about 4,000. He is jail right now for demestic abuse, this is his first, he's already on probation his wife wont prosicute but that doesnt matter, the state very hard on this kind of thing and I cant blame them, there was no abuse in our family. He is my olny son. I just want out of this hell I'm in!
OMG. You must learn when to let go. Let him be responsible for his actions, it seems to me that he's not been accountable for his actions!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Alora is on a distinguished road

I would suggest getting him locked up in a rehab center.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM

lemon is on a distinguished road

That wouldn't do unless he wants to change, he will only resent you for it.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM

tequila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybil View Post
thanks for the symptoms/signs that you had listed above !! i am sure i can recognize one if one of the members of my family is on it..
It is precisely what these forums are for. I do hope that the signs and symptoms here help a lot of us in determining if our family members have problems with drug addiction.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:53 PM

tina is on a distinguished road
Default friendly advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWIRE View Post
For me, my advice is to get a former crack addict and show him or her your husband. See if he or she recognizes some symptoms. He should know!
Hello i am an Outreach Drugs Worker, i have come on this sight to try to find out how to reach people with crack habits and to support them into treatment, after reading your story i wanted to help, i myself was addicted to both crack and alcohol and have been drug free for over 5 years. The behaviour of your husband could be for a manor of reasons although the money coming out of the bank at night is a very common sign. Mood swings and loss of weight are also signs. The sad truth is that once a person is on crack they hardly ever get better it always gets worse before people reach what we call 'ROCKBOTTOM' this is when you get to the lowest point in your life and decide that the only way to go is up. If he is on crack eventually he will not be able to hide the signs, all of the signs he is showing will escalate and his tolorance levels will increase meaning that each time he smokes he will need more and more to get the same high. He will also not be so bothered who knows if it means he can get what he needs.
Maybe if you could have more control over the money going out of the bank you will either see a reaction from him as he tries to find excuses for needing money.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:24 PM

teamannointed1 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2forgive View Post
I never thought in a million years we'd be going thru this. My spouse may have recently got into this stuff; bad influence from his work I'm told. I'm guessing he may have began using March 17th, according to information I dug up. And may have dabbled in it until March 30th. He then went to work out of town for 2 weeks, returned to town, went on a trip for 4-5 days without telling me, and has did his disappearing act again upon his return (april 20). This is right out of character for him; hes not communicating with me, he's not coming around, hes cut me off from his bank account, hes unreachable majority of the time......however, he's got to 'clean up' soon - IF this is even the case - cuz he leaves back to work for 2 weeks again on Tuesday, Apr.28th.

He seems reachable during the afternoons, say between 1pm - 6pm...but then I don't hear from him. He's in denial (of course), swears he's not using that stuff.....but yet since March 17th, has a new "friend", a person a lot of people know, is associated with the drug scene. He'd NEVER before associate himself with people like that. Hes better than that, he was all for us, the kids, his home, what he owns, etc.. He's just lost himself lately.

Is it too late to get him to leave it alone? When he goes back to work for those 2 weeks, is it then that he's going to realise what hes done and the impact? Maybe that'll be a wake up call and he'll come home in 2 weeks, wanting to be home and get normalicy back in his life? I don't know. Should I continually talk to him about the type of person he's associated with so it gets through to him; this persons place was raided not long ago, this person moved here with a drug dealer, all the stuff they own is from drug money, this person is known to 'involve people'....etc..etc.?? Will talking to him like that maybe 'snap him back to reality'? I need to get through to him. Its vital. We've been together for almost 24 years. This just happened, just like that!

Your thoughts!? Please! I'm desperate to get him out of that situation if thats what hes in to. I actually spoke sensibly to him tonight, told him to come home, he's better than that, don't let these people bring you down, you were looking forward to sooo much this summer; renovations, bbq's, riding your harley, watching your newest grandbaby.....and his relationship with his 2 year old granddaughter is a close one. She misses him so much. Along with our 13 year old. This is just devestating! All he said was, "we'll see".
My husband is still highly addicted to crack. The only thing different since he went to a rehab was that he now knows what the stuff can do to you and what he is capable when he is on it. He knows how much he lost and now he knows that it is a choice if he wants to do it. He doesn't have to say yes. If he says yes now he wants to do it. The only thing that you can do is just be supportive, but not part of the problem. What I mean by that is if you have family let them know what is going on so you can be a part of a support system. Stage a intervention and have your family and friends that are close to you be there. This may not work at first, but keep doing it until he breaks down. You see they have to reach rock bottom before anything changes. Even going to rehab does not particularly make them stop. You must pray for your husband non-stop, ask for supernatural intervention.

You see my husband still does it but it is not all the time and because I know when he does it that is when I do most of my praying. You see all this is the devil trying to come in between your marriage. You need to be strong. I myself personally took over the check book, all finances that have to do with the home. He still gets money because he is a contractor and he doesn't always give up that money to me. You have to hang in there and know that God can make a situation that seems so tragic and turn it around for his good. I have been through this over 6 years now and know exactly what you mean. I have busted drug dealers, and that didn't do anything they only find another one. The best thing you can do is get to a support group and get supportive people around you. You may even have to leave him for a period of time to show him that you aren't going to put up with this and that he needs help. You can feel free to get in touch with me anytime by email. Yahoo! I have been there and I still am going through it. You are not alone. I pray that the situation gets better and that he finds the help he needs.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:36 PM

teamannointed1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
first off, are you sure he's doing crack?

I guess you are concerned that he's pulling away from family. But there are other telltale signs of crack addiction, for one, paranoid thoughts. And then unkempt appearances. If he exhibits these too, then he might be on crack.

There are other ways to find out. For one, talk and communicate with him. Your role here is that of a supportive and helpful wife, not a police out to nail a drug addict. Ask pointblank and lay out your concerns. Ask for explanations when possible. You may not get a confession, but at least you have aired your fears.

What other signs do you see? How is this friend from the drug circle known. What drugs are possible?

The sad thing is, you really can't know for sure until he tells you or until everything is too late.
From experience I know that you can try to communicate with people that are doing this but they are very evasive and they do not tell you anything. If they want to be on crack they will get it any way they can. The best thing to do is try to get them to recognize they have a problem and I did that by getting the family and friends together and having an intervention. The wife can not be part of the problem, the wife can be supportive but to keep allowing this type of behavior is showing that you are part of the problem. She has to get herself out of the situation a.s.a.p than once she is at a distance that is when she can start to help him. You see my husband woke up the first time I did this and he got off of it for at least 6 months, than he relapsed. I do this as many times as I have to until he decides he doesn't need this anymore. The only other thing to do is pray for him because prayer is powerful and with the help of God it is possible to get off crack, and stay off crack. No matter how addicting it is. My husband knows it is wrong and he knows what he is doing is a sin, difference is he doesn't care and until he starts to care that is when we will see a real difference. I will never leave my husband for good. I will always be supportive of him, but will not support him while he is on the crack. I am not party to people who do drugs. In fact this recent relapse he has him and I are going to talk and it will end with me leaving for a period of time, praying and than coming back when he decides he wants help. My life and the life of my kids depend on his well-being. He is my everything and I want him to get off permanently so that we can live the way God wants us to live. I know that God has a plan and a purpose for his life and that is why the devil keeps trying to use him in his plans to break our relationship apart. I am stronger than the devil because I have God and the devil knows that. So anything he can do he will do to try and seperate us for good. It isn't working. I stand firm. I will fight for my husband to the very end. This is a sickness and crack is evil it is the devils candy! Hang in there wives we can get through this!!!